September 13, 2010

Fun filled weekend


On Friday after work, Chris met me at my campus to attend a fancy dinner that brought together the faculty and staff. It was held outside and the weather was just perfect! I wore a repeat of a repeat: the ChloƩ Van Gogh dress I blogged not long ago. I taught in flats but switched to heels and a satin topcoat for the party. The food was delicious and we were lucky enough to be the table winners of our education-themed centerpiece, pictured above.

It was a long day and I was on campus for nearly 15 hours. Still, I woke early the next morning amped up for the Pitt home opening football game! We had tickets and decided to take the bus down along with our tailgating supplies.


Chris traversing the bridge with a Burgh staple.


We paused for a photo on the scenic North Shore river walk.


Our friends Rob and Katie joined us!


It was so exciting when the players ran onto the field for the first time this season. I hope we get to go to more games. I sort of wish I had bought season tickets but I knew things would be too hectic til after I feel more settled at work and the wedding is over.

4 comments:

Academic Writer (a.k.a. A-Dubs) said...

'Looks like a spectacular weekend! And I laughed out loud at the case-of-beer-carrying shot. Somehow, until I that photo, I couldn't picture either you or your partner at a tailgate party!

Pamela said...

What a fun weekend for college games! i love love love the floral arrangement you won! they are beauties!

joelle van dyne said...

sounds like a great weekend! i have never been to a college football game, but seeing these photos makes me want to go! my school wasn't into sports at all, so i never had the experience of cheering on the school in a huge stadium like that. it looks fun! ~joelle

erin said...

i love you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails