December 26, 2010

Chloé Wishlist Miracle: Secret Garden Dress


Like many other consumers I have a running wishlist of pieces I covet from current seasons and seasons past. One such wishlist item was the centerpiece of an advertising campaign for one of my favorite designers: Chloé. The "Secret Garden" dress was featured in these Fall 2007 RTW ads on supermodel Shalom Harlow.

 

It immediately grabbed me because of its graphic black and white print illustration. I never saw it in person but it lingered in my brain since then. Occasionally I'd see it on ebay but only in the tiniest sizes. That was until about a month ago. 


One was listed in my size with an "or best offer" option so I took a chance and made a lowball offer. To my surprise it was accepted! And although the dress is shaped (and makes me look) like a rectangle, I couldn't be happier to own what I consider to be a piece of modern fashion history! It has a functional zipper all the way up the back so I am considering how to wear it to maximize this potentially versatile feature. Perhaps I will try it as an odd short-sleeved topper?  How ever I end up styling it for real life, I am glad to cross this dress off my wishlist.

3 comments:

thatdamngreendress said...

Oh I love black and white prints, and this is great- so Beardsley! I think it works as a dress...maybe with a red tone- whether tights, or shoes or cardigan? How DO you do it?!

Anjali said...

Yay! It's always such an exciting feeling to finally snag something you've dreamed about for ages and never thought would be within your grasp, and this piece in particular is wonderful. I think you look great in it!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Ooh red tights sounds cool! Thanks for the idea tdgd!

Thank you goldenmeans!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails