February 23, 2011

Meeting Tien and Anjali!


I am so behind on blogging because I am drowning in work but I wanted to quickly post about my brunch at Bar Tartine, visit for treats at Tartine Bakery, and impromptu Bloomingdales shopping with Tien of Adiaphane and Anjali of Goldenmeans.

It goes without saying but man these ladies are intimidatingly gorgeous. In fact, when we were driving to the Mission to meet them, I warned Chris. I don't know why I found it necessary to do so. I guess I just wanted him to brace for an onslaught of pretty at brunch. Thankfully Chris is one cool customer. I on the other hand introduced myself AS Chris because I was a little nervous. And this is odd since I have met plenty of e-pals over the years, irl. Still, I bumbled. Thankfully Anjali and Tien were super sweet. It quickly felt like we were old girlfriends gabbing away over a meal. I was so excited to see Tien brought her fancy camera. And she generously took some photos of me and Chris.



It was pouring rain (which limited further my already limited wardrobe options) and Chris and I thought we had to head over to Oakland for our niece's bat mitzvah so we parted ways. When we checked in with Chris's mom we learned we had an hour to kill. Rather than sit in the hotel, Chris suggested we go to Bloomingdales where he wanted to buy a shirt that was lingering in his memory from the day before. As soon as we stepped through the door, we ran into Tien and Anjali who had the same idea. I wish I could have gone with them to Anthropologie. I'll have to plan on it for a future trip. Thank you so much to Tien for her skillful photography and fancy camera! And thanks to both Tien and Anjali (who conquered some brutal traffic to be there) for meeting up on a dreary, cold Saturday morning! I loved meeting in person these women who were both so incredibly sweet, funny, stylish, and intelligent!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Gorgeous ladies! I love the photo with the three of you and umbrellas. you should frame it!

Kim said...

How fun! You three are all gorgeous, and I love the photo of you girls with the umbrellas!

strawberryheels4ever said...

Sounds like an amazing time :) All three of you are intimidatingly gorgeous! I loved that you warned your husband about the "onslaught of pretty" he was about to encounter, and I had to giggle that you introduced yourself as Chris. That is SO something I would do!!

goldenmeans said...

The pleasure was totally all ours Jess :) Again, such a treat to meet you!
And oh, I was browsing the kate spade site and I noticed the Violetta is finally on sale! Not totally sure if this happened today or earlier, but I thought I'd give you a heads up ;)

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

So wonderful! Jealous that you met up with these fab ladies, and jealous that you went to Tartine (my biggest motivator for getting to San Francisco). I love these pictures! The first one of you and Chris could totally be your holiday card.

Desert Flower said...

I love meet ups! It looks like you had a great time.

Tippy said...

Jess, you are too cute! You all look lovely. It would be so wonderful to someday have a meet up with everyone in this community!

erin said...

gorgeous ladies! i bet it was a fabulous time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails