February 20, 2011

Coveting Kate Spade


This weekend I got to head west to the Bay Area for my niece's bat mitzvah. Although the weather was dreary and rainy I was grateful to be in a place with a lot of incredible restaurants and shopping. While here, I grabbed brunch with two of my absolute favorite bloggers, Tien of Adiaphane and Anjali of Golden Means. (This goes without saying but, they are both GORGEOUS in person, not to mention super sweet and fun. More on that later!)

While shopping on one of my drearier first days in SF, I was able to try on some Kate Spade dress in person. For some reason the local Kate Spade store has a very limited selection of clothing. I promptly became obsessed with this Violetta dress. It is so charming and cute. But unfortunately it is also way out of my budget. And it is a little too similar to (albeit fancier than) the Two Wheeler.


I am wearing an 8 which is true to my anthro size for this style of dress. I found the fabrics to be extremely luxurious and although I can't afford the price point, it seems clear why the brand can get away with charging such a premium.  At least I now know my size so that I can watch for sales!

11 comments:

the dea diaries said...

Jess, how wonderful that you were able to meet with Tien and Anjali, can't wait to hear more about your date and hope you took pictures! It's always been a dream to visit Cali, especially San Fran. Perhaps it was my obsession with the show Full House when I was younger!!
The Kate Spade dress is definitely special, and although I see the similarities w/ the Two-Wheeler it's such a beauty on its own. I can't even fathom the price tags at the store, and it's probably why I stay away from the site!

Laura Martin said...

I like the Kate Spade Dress, especially the ruffled placket. I'm personally not a fan of the horizontal stripe. The Two Wheeler, with it's Whimsical Bicycle Print looks fun and flattering on you.

JewishGirl said...

Ah Kate Spade...my newest and most potentially dangerous interest.

Very cool that you got to hang out with some fellow bloggers!!

gee said...

i am so jealous you got to meet up with some bloggers!!! :)
that kate spade dress looks amazing on you and i can see why you love it..
xoox

Tien said...

It was such a joy to meet you and Chris. You two are adorable, smart, and so funny. I'm usually pretty shy, but I never at any moment felt awkward. Instantly I felt like we were old friends!

puppyloveprincess said...

love that kate spade dress. actually, Kate has lots of really cute dresses and bags out this season. i'm mostly in love with the rainbow stripe dress (SO CUTE!)

goldenmeans said...

Yay, so fun to meet you :) (And lol, I totally forgot about the introduction moment until you mentioned it in your email -- don't worry, I thought it was completely endearing ;)) And I said it before, but this is SUCH a "Jess" dress, and it looks just wonderful on you! Kate Spade dresses always always go on sale (and the website offers pretty good % off sale promotions every couple months), so I'll cross my fingers this dress finds it's way to you somehow for a reasonable price ;)

Marianne Canada said...

That dress is dreamy on you. Kate Spade is what I want Anthro to be right now, if that makes sense.

Carol said...

Aww, it's so nice that you got to have lunch with Tien and Anjali! So fun! The dress looks terrific on you. I've been eyeing a lot of Kate Spade pieces too. My issue is, my size almost always sells out before the pieces hit sale, and at full price...well, you know...

Dana said...

I wish i could fit into Kate Spade clothing. I love it. Everything is so cheery. I love the accessories and Twirl (next perfume purchase after I finish Viva La Juicy)! You look great in these.

If you are talking about the Ross Park store, I agree. They have a very limited selection. and the whole store feels really cramped. The only store that seems to have ample room there is Loui Vuitton.

Stefanie said...

i love those stripes and the cut of that first dress.  i've been hunting down a dress like this for a while.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails