March 11, 2011

Readers' Hardest Working Garments Part Three


Beth from Another Fish in the Sea wrote that among her hardest workers is also one of her most treasured bargains. She says, "This skirt from Old Navy is almost 10 years old. I can hardly believe the skirt has held up this long, but  it is in a nice heavy flannel, and it is lined. The combination of the simplicity of the grey pencil skirt, with a small amount of detailing  on the bottom make it a classic and it is always easy to through on with a blouse when I don't have anything else to wear. (Or am too lazy to find something else to wear.)"


Beth also submitted a photo of her wearing the above breezy maxi dress. She wrote, "The other item that has been a workhorse in my wardrobe over the past year is a maxi dress from AT LOFT.  I've worn it to work (with a tank underneath and a cardi), to a bridal shower, to my friend's rehearsal dinner on St. John, on lazy Saturdays, out for drinks with friends, to outdoor concerts and all around.  It is insanely comfortable and at the same time is the easiest "complete outfit" in the world to put on. I guess neither of my workhorses are very glamorous, but they certainly earn their keep."

It's so true that often our hardest working pieces aren't necessarily the most glamorous or expensive. They're those pieces we rely on for comfort and versatility, again and again.


Shakespeare's Feminine Ending from Fashionable Academics wrote about her favorite red dress. "My red Anthro/Moth short-sleeved sweater dress that's a size too big (a M) but gets a ton of wear Oct-Mar." I can see why! Not only does it appear to be a very cute dress, but the color is excellent. Unrelated, I love her book balancing act in the photo!

Lastly, Marianne of Looks Good From the Back blogged about this topic not long ago when she discussed her beloved Marc by Marc Jacobs top. Be sure to check it out! And check out part one with Sahiti and Sarah and part two with 13 and Josie .

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I have enjoyed all three posts! It's fun to read/see everyone's submissions. Great idea!

carly-strawberryheelsforever said...

This was such a great idea - I loved all 3 of your posts, Jess! You've got some gorgeous readers, it's nice to see their beloved, hardworking garments.

Raquelita said...

I've been coveting SFE's dress for a while.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails