May 15, 2012

Puzzled Pieces Dress Review (just in time for Anthro Tag Sale!)

As Roxy described in depth, today marks the start of the seasonal Tag Sale at Anthropologie. Although I considered waking up and heading to my local store bright and early, I realized I have too much work to do this week and will be lucky if I check out my store's offerings prior to a gym trip. Truth be told, when I went to bed after browsing the sale section of the website, I wasn't that inspired but what remained. But for those of you with lengthy wishlists, I hope you had/have great success in your sale shopping, whether it is in store or online!


The main piece that tempts me at the moment is the Puzzled Pieces Dress, which I just saw for the first time this week. It is silky and light with vintage-inspired details. The dress is unlined which for me necessitates a slip. But the color and shape are very lovely. I tried on a size 8 and it fit very nicely. It hit me right at the knee. It features side pockets and a forgivingly gathered waistline. I am otherwise unfamiliar with the brand, called Vanessa Virginia but I liked this dress very much. Steeply priced at full retail, I was excited to see this make it to sale today. It's still a little rich for my budget but it is 100% silk so at least the price point comes with natural fibers.

What are you buying from the Tag Sale?

7 comments:

embarrassmentofriches said...

I'm sitting the sale out, but I can live vicariously through you if you get the Puzzled Pieces dress - it's lovely!

lisa said...

Thanks for the dress review as I've been curious about this dress. For reference, how tall are you? I'm 5'10" and am afraid it will be too short on me. Plus, I don't own a slip nor do I want to, so I worry about how see-through it is.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Hi Lisa, I'm 5'3" so pretty short... but I also think my bust makes everything a bit shorter than it would on most people. The dress isn't very see through but I was concerned about static cling and having a general buffer between myself and the world (if that makes sense). I was wearing a black bra which I think is slightly visible here but that is easily remedied.

carol_prettythings said...

I don't know if I'm going myself, either. I do want the button-down with the little bicycles on it - so cute! - but it's still $60, which isn't cheap. And, of course I want more AG Stevie, and I'd love the Sincerely Paris dress (though I certainly don't need it). Yes, as I mentioned, I'm definitely undecided.

Terrie said...

I'm also considering this dress, but I can't justify buying another silk dress that probably wouldn't get much wear. So glad you reviewed it!

lisa said...

Thanks! I can totally relate to the wanting a "buffer between myself and the world". You just reminded me why I don't buy silk dresses without a lining....because I feel so naked! Ok, so I think I'll pass but thanks for the input and review.

lisa said...

Thanks for the dress review as I've been curious about this dress. For reference, how tall are you? I'm 5'10" and am afraid it will be too short on me. Plus, I don't own a slip nor do I want to, so I worry about how see-through it is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails