July 09, 2010

Oranges and Apples Together at Last!

Wore this to mail one of the items that found a new home through Shop Jesspgh. My wardrobe choices used to rely mostly on dresses and prints because I found myself confused by color pairings. Lately I have decided to forgo arbitrary rules and treat jewel tones and brights as neutrals. This has made navigating the world of separates a lot easier and more interesting for me. Here is one result inspired by the unlikely combo of apple red and burnt orange.

J. Crew Annalise Silk Top (similar here, here, and here)
A.P.C. button front skirt in red (print on sale here; adorably similar from Topshop here)
Forever 21 belt (similar here, here, and here)
Daniblack trompe l'oeil quilted captop Posh Stencil flats from Anthropologie (still in stock in all colors here)
Alviero Martini bag from ebay
I wore this top quite a bit as the base layer last winter and early spring. Now for the first time I wear it on its own.

8 comments:

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

I LOVE this combo! Your hair is super-cute too!

Anjali said...

One of my favorite fashion bloggers taught me to treat red as a neutral and my life has been so much better since :) This is such a pretty autumnal outfit, and I love your trompe l'oeil flats!

Jen said...

I absolutely love the color combo! It reminds me of a delicious drink on a late summer evening.

Tien said...

This outfit makes me want hot apple cider with whiskey and butter! Yum!!! The colors look fantastic on you.

gee said...

i love this combo. i would have never thought about putting these 2 colors together! you look wonderful and i am really tempted to buy those shoes in the light brown. they are so lovley! xoxo

SunnyDay said...

This color combination makes me think of summer sunsets. I like the two together, and the dark belt is a great touch to separate them.

tm said...

hooray for jewel tones!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Kate, Thank you! I am trying new things with my hair since it is getting so long!

Goldenmeans, I think this is solid advice. I will follow it. :)

Jen, Thanks so much!

Tien, it is evocative of fall in that way but the pieces are light enough to wear in summer. Thanks!

Gee, you are too kind! The shoes were a steal one sale at Anthropologie when you compare with the Endless price but sometimes you can get 35% cash back at Endless through Bing.

Desert Flower, thank you!

Tastymoog, I love jewel tones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails