February 01, 2011

Quality Control Issues and Customer Response: UPDATE


Not long ago I wrote about an issue I encountered when I laundered (according to care instructions) a dress I purchased from the website of Urban Outfitters. I am happy to report that I was able to return it to the brick and mortar store without a hitch. The salesperson was very understanding and apologetic. And although this isn't the sort of thing I would do unless I was extremely disappointed in the wear and longevity of a garment, I am glad to know that it is possible at this particular retailer.

It is disappointing when we encounter quality control issues in the places we shop. Receiving something that turns out to be shoddy or defective can compromise consumer confidence in a brand. But knowing that Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters (both owned under the same umbrella) are willing to take responsibility for quality issues when they arise is enough to keep me coming back in the future.

5 comments:

M. said...

Glad to hear it went so well!

Theressa said...

With CS in general becoming more and more disappointing, it's nice to hear a good experience like this one. I'm glad to hear UO took back the dress and gives me another reason to keep shopping their brands.

gee said...

good to know that you were able to return it with no problems!! <3

Louise said...

Good on you for writing to them in the first place, I'd either never find the time or not be bothered which is dreadful - they need to know about quality issues and it's up to us to bring it to their attention.
I'm glad you got your money back with little or no hassle :)

Triciathomas said...

Good to hear and so glad you wrote back about your positive experience!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails