January 06, 2012

Sometimes it takes photos


See by Chloé Jardin print dress
To a Tee blazer from Anthropologie (similar)
Chloé lock flats (similar here)
Misc. bracelets (Macys, Gabes, Kate Spade from TJ Maxx, Target, gift)

I really like shapeless See by Chloe dresses like the one above but I don't always want to look shapeless. So I tried to style it in a way that reigned in the billow with a blazer. I thought it worked pretty well until I saw how short my skirt looked. That's one of the perils of messing with a billowing dress... the length might shrink up on you. And I'm feeling a little long in the tooth to pull off mini. Black opaque tights would have been a lot better with this outfit. But in general, I don't think I'll be styling this dress similarly in the future.

3 comments:

Julie Rose Sews said...

Aw, I hope you don't retire this look, I quite like it, especially if you swapped in some opaque black tights.  Black tights and flat boots would look great, too!

April and Maya said...

I think it's fine.  It may be a little short for work, but it's not vulgar.  I also think that you should be able to wear a mini as long as you have the legs for it. I really like this whole look a lot.

carol_prettythings said...

I agree with the commenter below - I think it looks really cute, and not vulgar at all. Long in the tooth - bah. Hahaha, if I can pull off my Alice and Olivia dress (the shorter green and ivory one), then you can definitely do this. I'm fairly certain I have a couple, if not a few, years on you yet. ;) Opaque tights might make you feel better though, and certainly help make it more work appropriate. I think you should revisit this look - it's really pretty. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails