August 07, 2012

I love the new print of Flared Caraz!

Flared Caraz in blue motif

I tried on the Flared Caraz dress in its original colorway, back when I was very newly pregnant (and not showing at all... see it here). Now that I'm more than halfway through (and significantly bigger), I revisited the dress to see if it could work as a "maternity" piece. With its elastic waist and stretchy mesh fabric, my biggest concern was about length. When I saw the new fall-appropriate print, I grabbed a large and headed to the dressing room. I LOVE this dress. I still am not sure it is worth the retail price but the print and the length seem great on my 23-weeks-pregnant body. I see that it is available in XL too. I want to wait for a sale but I also have to determine whether I should size up to an XL, just to ensure added length and a few more weeks of potential wear.

9 comments:

Rebecca Lately said...

That print is gorgeous!

Lauren Cox said...

I was so bummed when they released the Flared Caraz dress in a new color because that means the OG is going to take FOREVER to go on sale, if it ever makes it there. I really want to own it, though... Hmmpphh.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I know! I really liked the first print but I like this one more. I am dying for it to go on sale.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Agreed! It has all my favorite fall colors.

Abby Wener Herlin said...

Looks lovely on you Jess! I bought both colour ways and love both of them and they are wonderful travel pieces. You are looking wonderful. Unfortunately I suffered a miscarriage but thought the dress (for me in M) would be fine for maternity. Loving both your blogs

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I am so sorry to hear that, Abby. It is something that many women experience but that doesn't make it any less difficult. I believe that our bodies and our hearts can surprise us in demonstrating great resilience in response to unanticipated loss. I wish you strength and peace. Thank you so much for your compliments and encouragement.

Abby Wener Herlin said...

Thanks so much. I appreciate your words

Sayaka said...

I love this dress on you!! The pattern is gorgeous too!!

Women leather bags said...

I think the color of yours dress are too dark and maybe you can just try the Retro leather shoulder bags with you, this one more better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails